The Care Farm is an example of social farming initiative.
The concept has been developed by the CDR branch Kraków team. The care service integrates with a farm running agricultural activity customized to their needs and abilities. It’s based on the farm's infrastructure and resources, enabling agro-therapy. Development opportunities are sought especially for care farms where services for the elderly people will be provided.
CDR team undertakes extensive activities to disseminate
and promote the idea of care farms through:
- Organizing training courses for advisers and specialists from agricultural advisory centers,
- Implementation of national and international projects aimed
at promotion and dissemination of knowledge, identifying good practices in the country and abroad, as well as creating new educational tools,
- Participation in conferences, training and workshops, meetings and seminars,
- Cooperation with researchers through participation
in thematic working groups and project teams,
- Publishing publications and information materials.
For more details go to an interactive website (PL): http://www.gospodarstwa-opiekuncze.pl;